The conference agenda provides an overview and details of sessions. In order to view sessions on a specific day or for a certain room, please select an appropriate date or room link. You may also select a session to explore available abstracts and download papers and presentations.
12-05: Setting Up a Blockchain-Enabled Land Registry: Process, Technology, and Organizational Dimensions
Setting Up a Blockchain-Enabled Land Registry: Process, Technology, and Organizational Dimensions
ChromaWay, United States of America
Pilots and initial implementations using blockchain technology to strengthen land registration has occurred in Sweden, Georgia, Ukraine, Honduras, and India. The purpose of this master class is to utilize the lessons learned and explore, with participants, both the best practices and challenges of this exciting new technology. The class will cover:
- Planning and scoping a blockchain land registry project
- Identify the technology options which are available (e..g, public vs. private blockchains)
- Addressing identity solutions and technology security issues
- Using and writing smart contracts
- Understanding the role of tokens
- Integration issues between the land registry and the ecosystem of banks, notaries, and title agents.
The class will be hands-on and will include opportunities for the class to write a smart contract, develop a property-transfer related workflow, and key steps in creating a blockchain-enabled land registry initiative.