The conference agenda provides an overview and details of sessions. In order to view sessions on a specific day or for a certain room, please select an appropriate date or room link. You may also select a session to explore available abstracts and download papers and presentations.
09-02: Doing Business: Quality of Land Administration
Innovating Land Administration in Finland
National Land Survey of Finland, Finland
To be added
Strengthening the Reliability of the Land Management System in Indonesia
National Land Agency of Republic of Indonesia, Indonesia
To be completed
Improving Quality and Reliability of Land Records: Germany’s Experience
Federal Chamber of German Civil Law Notaries, Germany
abstract follows soon.
Realizing Land Administration Reforms in Punjab
Punjab Land Records Authority, Pakistan
To be completed
Improving Belarus’ Ranking in Doing Business’ ‘Registering Property’ Section: Experience and Broader Implications
National Cadastral Agency, Belarus
Belarus joining Doing business ranking in 2005 has been a powerful boost for the rapid upgrading of the registration system. Now Belarus is placed 5th on the Doing business “Property Registration” indicator. It has became possible thanks to the following achievements:
- Time for a usual procedure has been reduced from 14 to 5 working days, average process time time is now around 2,5 days;
- Electronic archives have been created;
- Registered territory percentage has been increased from 5 to 81;
- System transparency has been improved - now the information on legal background, procedure details, registered objects and property rights to them is available to any interested party;
National Cadastral Agency sees more ways to improve the registration system, such as:
- The procedure time could potentially be reduced to 1 day and transition to online procedures;
- 100% of Belarus’s territory is to be registered;
- All documents necessary for property registration are to be processed through the electronic document management;
- Real estate register is to be integrated with the State basic information resources.
Today Belarus aims for the first place on the Doing business “Property Registration” indicator.